Photographic Essays by Cormac Scanlan

This photoblog, Photographic Essays by Cormac Scanlan, features photography experiments by photographer Cormac Scanlan, who is based in Suffolk, in the UK. Through his photography Cormac explores a wide range of styles and subject matters, always trying to reflect his thoughts and feelings in the way he shoots things.

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Bradwell-on-Sea

Wide-Angle Exploration in Bradwell-on-Sea

Last weekend I turned 30. Admittedly, it had been on the cards for a while, but not in my thoughts for as long as the desire to add a decent wide-angle to my kit bag. After some debate I decided to invest in the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM and so far I have not been disappointed. Distortion is minimal (even at 10mm), vignetting is pretty much non-existent and loaded on my Canon 550D, colour representation is excellent. 

Bradwell-on-Sea is a small town on the Essex coast, most famous for it's power station. It is also home to some great expansive landscapes and made for a fantastic place to try out the new lens...







No comments:

Post a Comment